How to fix a car battery that doesn’t hold charge
How to Recondition a Car Battery
Don’t quit on your automobile battery right now; there’s a method that has the ability to fix your car battery and make it usable again.
Exactly what if I told you …
You could just keep the exact same battery, restore it, and conserve lots of money?
Fortunately, you can with a process called battery reconditioning. How to fix a car battery that doesn’t hold charge
There are tricks which Tom Reveals here, but will talk about the basics of the best ways to recondition your car battery.
Here’s a secret video on ways to recondition your vehicle battery from Tom.
If you didn’t have a look at the tricks, then pay very close attention and discover ways to revivify your battery.
Here’s the following steps:
- Shut off your cars and truck – permit cooling to occur for around an hour
- Lift hood, then separate the battery( utilize a wrench to disconnect the unfavorable wire before the favorable one).
- Cautious to ensure that your wrench is not touching other metal parts or electrical shock can happen.
- After disconnecting wires, eliminate the battery from the car.
- Now, separate the plastic caps that are on top of the battery cells. Below, you will see where the cells have actually been sealed.
- Operate a power drill to make a hole in these marks( cover eyes with googles).
- Gear up gloves, turn battery upside down and eliminate contents of the cell.
- Gradually include little quantities of baking soda to the container. This reduces the effects of the liquid.
- Repeat the step above for all cells.
- Now, blend one part Epsom salt into three parts of warm, pure water.
- There ought to be a quart of this service for one cell.
Pour the option onto the cells, shake it around for a bit and let it sit.How to fix a car battery that doesn’t hold charge
Here’s how you finish up the task:.
Reconnect the three stage battery charger to the battery.
Guarantee that the battery is off– connect the positive wire initially and then the negative wire.
Set the charger to 12 Volts and change it on. Let charge for 12 hours.
Cover the drilled holes with replacement plugs and place the battery back into the hood and connect it to the cables positive very first).
Congrats, you just saved and revived your battery!
Here is a video to help you understand the process better:.
An alternative way to restore your car battery is with Epsom salt: