How to recondition 12v car battery
Ways to Recondition a Car Battery
Don’t give up on your car battery right now; there’s a strategy that is able to repair your automobile battery and make it functional again.
What if I told you …
You could simply keep the same battery, restore it, and save lots of cash?
Fortunately, you can with a procedure called battery reconditioning. How to recondition 12v car battery
There are secrets which Tom Reveals here, but will talk about the fundamentals of how to recondition your cars and truck battery.
Here’s a secret video on ways to recondition your car battery from Tom.
If you didn’t check out the secrets, then pay attention and learn the best ways to revivify your battery.
Here’s the following steps:
- Turn off your automobile – enable cooling to happen for approximately an hour
- Lift hood, then detach the battery( use a wrench to disconnect the unfavorable wire prior to the favorable one).
- Mindful to ensure that your wrench is not touching other metal parts or electrical shock can take place.
- After detaching wires, eliminate the battery from the cars and truck.
- Now, detach the plastic caps that are on top of the battery cells. Below, you will see where the cells have been sealed.
- Operate a power drill to make a hole in these marks( cover eyes with googles).
- Equip gloves, turn battery upside down and get rid of contents of the cell.
- Slowly include small amounts of baking soda to the container. This neutralizes the liquid.
- Repeat the step above for all cells.
- Now, mix one part Epsom salt into 3 parts of warm, pure water.
- There must be a quart of this solution for one cell.
Pour the option onto the cells, shake it around for a bit and let it sit.How to recondition 12v car battery
Here’s how you finish up the job:.
Reconnect the three phase battery charger to the battery.
Ensure that the battery is off– connect the positive wire first then the negative wire.
Set the battery charger to 12 Volts and switch it on. Let charge for 12 hours.
Cover the drilled holes with replacement plugs and place the battery back into the hood and connect it to the cables positive first).
Congrats, you just saved and restored your battery!
Here is a video to help you comprehend the procedure better:.
An alternative way to restore your car battery is with Epsom salt: