How to repair car battery that won’t hold charge
How to Recondition an Automobile Battery
Do not quit on your car battery just yet; there’s a method that is able to repair your vehicle battery and make it functional once again.
What if I informed you …
You could simply keep the exact same battery, restore it, and conserve lots of cash?
Thankfully, you can with a procedure called battery reconditioning. How to repair car battery that won’t hold charge
There are tricks which Tom Reveals here, however will talk about the essentials of ways to recondition your car battery.
Here’s a secret video on how to recondition your vehicle battery from Tom.
If you didn’t take a look at the secrets, then pay very close attention and learn ways to revivify your battery.
Here’s the following steps:
- Turn off your automobile – allow cooling to take place for approximately an hour
- Raise hood, then remove the battery( use a wrench to detach the unfavorable wire before the positive one).
- Careful to guarantee that your wrench is not touching any other metal parts or electrical shock can occur.
- After detaching wires, get rid of the battery from the vehicle.
- Now, separate the plastic caps that are on top of the battery cells. Below, you will see where the cells have actually been sealed.
- Run a power drill to make a hole in these marks( cover eyes with googles).
- Gear up gloves, turn battery upside down and eliminate contents of the cell.
- Gradually include small amounts of baking soda to the container. This neutralizes the liquid.
- Repeat the action above for all cells.
- Now, mix one part Epsom salt into three parts of warm, distilled water.
- There should be a quart of this service for one cell.
Put the service onto the cells, shake it around for a bit and let it sit.How to repair car battery that won’t hold charge
Here’s how you finish up the job:.
Reconnect the three stage battery charger to the battery.
Ensure that the battery is off– connect the positive wire initially then the negative wire.
Set the charger to 12 Volts and change it on. Let charge for 12 hours.
Cover the drilled holes with replacement plugs and place the battery back into the hood and link it to the cables positive first).
Congrats, you just conserved and revived your battery!
Here is a video to assist you understand the procedure better:.
An alternative way to restore your car battery is with Epsom salt: